Let’s accept the fact that plus size forms an integral part of the clothing section of any store. While people struggle with weight loss, there is are people who find the need to wear clothing that makes them feel good and stylish even if they are fat. In the present times, fashion isn’t just limited to the skimpy clothes that the slim women wore and walked the ramp. It has evolved and has embraced the fact that even fat women can look stylish. It is only the presence of the right resources that can help them look great and nothing else.
There are numerous fashion experts and designers out there who believe that when an outfit is created, it is done so keeping in mind the person who would be wearing it. Plus size clothing isn’t limited to customization by the tailors but has become something that one can buy readily. With its availability almost everywhere, it is the high time people leave behind the myths and embrace plus sized clothing with pride and dignity.
When it comes to being fashionable wearing plus size clothing, there are numerous myths that need to be busted. The traditional rules of wearing clothes to fat have come a long way. Here are a few tips that can help you look good with them.
- Forget the tummy – Most fat women look out or baggy clothing that would hide their fat and make them feel covered and comfortable but what they forget is that it makes them look fatter. If you have a tummy, why hide it? Letting it be the way it is and highlighting other body parts can save you. There is nothing to be embarrassed about something jutting out. Women often intend to cover up their tummy with shapers but that leaves behind lumps that are known to make things embarrassing and so, avoiding them can be the best option.
- Buy good undergarments – When you wear undergarments such as bra, that fits you just right and are made of good quality fabric, you are good to go with whatever you wear. It is said that no matter how pretty your dress is, bad undergarments and curb compliments. Undergarments form a foundation to the clothing that you wear and when you want to look trendy, why not invest in something good.
- Don’t be skeptical with sizes – You are to accept the fact that not all brands have the same fits. If you fit into a dress that is of size 14, it isn’t necessary that the same size from a different brand would fit you equally well. It may be tight or loose on you while making you look out for other sizes. Be liberal with trying on clothes and it wouldn’t be a problem if it is a size smaller or larger than what you wear as long as it fits you well. Remember, anything that fits you right can make you look stylish.
- There is no need to accessorize yourself overtly – Even though fashion experts say that a particular piece of jewelry when rightly matched to your clothing can make you look trendy, it isn’t always that you would have to wear them. There are times when a particular design on your dress can take it all or probably highlighting a particular area with a frill or probably a belt can make you look great in any way. Ask an expert when in doubt or let the clothes do the talking.
- Make the tailor your best friend – Even though readymade garments have become customized these days with them almost fitting you well, there may be times when you find a misfit here and there given the varied body shape that you have. When you are best friends with your tailor, they can make you look gorgeous even when you take an ill-fitting garment to them. Their tailoring skills are perfect while making you look gorgeous no matter what your size is.
With all such tips coming to your aid, there is nothing that can stop you from grabbing eyeballs. It doesn’t matter if you are fat, trendy clothing can always make you the center of attraction.